Skip to main content

Hollow

Umpteen unsaid words aside
Battles of feelings and logic beside
Many abuses arise and subside
But why still do I feel hollow inside?

Sights, sounds and senses around
To work, play and parties I'm bound
Am I really the square peg in a hole that's round?
Why do I feel in emotional hollowness I'm drowned?

Something mystic is concealed deep within
I can't put a finger to it, it's hiding in a ditch
If these are demons put to rest
Why doesn't the world let them be? Isn't that the best?

My hollowness can be filled with nothing but love
True love that's pure just like a white dove
A minor slip up or friction of ideas so simply turns a friend to stranger
To reveal your emptiness to every other, isn't it a real danger?

For he who knows, doesn't question
And he who questions, doesn't know
That time heals wounds and time builds people
And slowly but surely the hollowness of your soul becomes nothing more thaá¹… an apparition!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Me A Man (for a week)

Make me a man for a week , Let me feel what Freedom feels. Let me have guilt-free rough hands and hairy legs, Let my grooming tools be scissors and blades. Make me a man for a week, For there is only one life and here I am - a woman.  Not ever knowing what dominance feels like, Nor having a natural right to call the shots.  And if it can't be done on this earth, Then make a man in Heaven. And bestow upon me wisdom, Like you did on the first man Adam.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for women.  But haven't we seen and been through so much agony! If only I got to be a man for a change, I'd know how carefree life can be!

Exercise!

Photo Credit: Flickr Think of the word exercise for a moment. What other words would you associate with it? Sweat, gym, workout, burnout, and what not. Do you notice how, by and large, we associate a negative sentiment to it? Why don’t we most of us associate more positive words such as flexibility, strength, rejuvenation, me-time, etc. to exercising? Culturally, we have had very limited exposure and encouragement to exercise and even play sports. These are considered as “extra-curricular” and therefore, by consequence, less important and optional activities. Earlier, I too had a negative and dispassionate approach towards exercising. It was my health-conscious sister, who initiated me to the gym, then to yoga and other forms of exercises. Prior to this, my mom had initiated both her daughters to swimming, which is a great full-body workout, apart from being a fun-filled leisure activity. These were my early experiences with exercising, and frankly, they weren’t even ...

Blogs- an alternative media

Can blogs become an alternative media? I say yes. Blogging has opened up a new platform for people of all ages to voice their opinions, be it radical or neutral. It provides the writer with a large audience who can be critical at many times and point out flaws of any nature in the write-up. Writers benefit the most through blogs, especially the public blogs. In many instances, a person is forced to appreciate the articles and overlook its loopholes due to personal and professional limitations. But when it comes to blogging, it introduces one to many varied points of view. It helps all the readers to obtain a panoramic view of the situation in question. This influences perceptions and beliefs. With the introduction of blogs, people from non-media professions have started to take active interest in the current affairs and have begun to pen down their views. Their participation does not end here. These opinions are then made open for public support and criticism through blogs. At times, b...