Skip to main content

I’m the symbol of true love… or am I?

My story began in a Media College in India!



A keen Media boy presented me to his snobbish classmate and proposed to her.



She let down the proposal and flung me away in the air. I landed amidst crow shit!



A little kid was walking past. He noticed me and thought I belonged here among stone flowers. He was naïve to know that the stone flowers were no match for me; as I had one thing that they didn’t… BREATH!



A philosopher was heading towards a venue to give a seminar. He saw me lying among the stone flowers and thought that I should be dedicated to a great man’s commemoratory statue. So he picked me up and left me near this statue at the gate of his venue!



Then the wind blew me away far and wide. Before I realized, I was lying on pebbles of stone. They were hard and they hurt my back. But nobody paid any heed to my suffering.



A poor girl was on her way to visit her ailing friend in the nearby hospital. She thought she would present me to him and wish him speedy recovery.

I sat there on the hospital table while the ailing boy got discharged and left the hospital without taking me along!



A peon in the hospital saw me there and took this opportunity to express his love for a senior lady doctor of that very hospital. He went to her office and slid me in her personal diary.



The lady doctor noticed me after a while. She was ecstatic! She knew who would have taken so much effort to express his heart’s feelings.



She went out to have lunch with her colleague, who (by the way) she thought had proposed to her!

And the two of them, who were never meant to be together, lived happily ever after…………

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Me A Man (for a week)

Make me a man for a week , Let me feel what Freedom feels. Let me have guilt-free rough hands and hairy legs, Let my grooming tools be scissors and blades. Make me a man for a week, For there is only one life and here I am - a woman.  Not ever knowing what dominance feels like, Nor having a natural right to call the shots.  And if it can't be done on this earth, Then make a man in Heaven. And bestow upon me wisdom, Like you did on the first man Adam.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for women.  But haven't we seen and been through so much agony! If only I got to be a man for a change, I'd know how carefree life can be!

Exercise!

Photo Credit: Flickr Think of the word exercise for a moment. What other words would you associate with it? Sweat, gym, workout, burnout, and what not. Do you notice how, by and large, we associate a negative sentiment to it? Why don’t we most of us associate more positive words such as flexibility, strength, rejuvenation, me-time, etc. to exercising? Culturally, we have had very limited exposure and encouragement to exercise and even play sports. These are considered as “extra-curricular” and therefore, by consequence, less important and optional activities. Earlier, I too had a negative and dispassionate approach towards exercising. It was my health-conscious sister, who initiated me to the gym, then to yoga and other forms of exercises. Prior to this, my mom had initiated both her daughters to swimming, which is a great full-body workout, apart from being a fun-filled leisure activity. These were my early experiences with exercising, and frankly, they weren’t even ...

Blogs- an alternative media

Can blogs become an alternative media? I say yes. Blogging has opened up a new platform for people of all ages to voice their opinions, be it radical or neutral. It provides the writer with a large audience who can be critical at many times and point out flaws of any nature in the write-up. Writers benefit the most through blogs, especially the public blogs. In many instances, a person is forced to appreciate the articles and overlook its loopholes due to personal and professional limitations. But when it comes to blogging, it introduces one to many varied points of view. It helps all the readers to obtain a panoramic view of the situation in question. This influences perceptions and beliefs. With the introduction of blogs, people from non-media professions have started to take active interest in the current affairs and have begun to pen down their views. Their participation does not end here. These opinions are then made open for public support and criticism through blogs. At times, b...